Ultrastar He8 Helium Drive
Helium drives are, as the name suggests, filled with helium that is one-seventh the density air. The reduced friction allows for more disk platters and data tracks placed closer together resulting in increased storage.
Helium drives undergo accelerated stress testing, including high-temperature soaking, thermal cycling, pressure cycling, humidity cycling and shock testing. Each has internal environmental telemetry to monitor seal integrity and report any potential issues – not one has failed due to seal degradation!
- Industry-leading 8TB capacity in a standard 3.5-inch form factor
- Industry’s best Idle and Active power efficiency (Watts/TB)
- Reliable, field-proven, 2nd generation HelioSeal™ process and 7Stac™ design
- Rebuild Assist mode shrinks RAID recovery time and nearly eliminates system performance degradation during rebuild
- Compared to 4TB Ultrastar 7K4000
– Double the capacity
– 60% more power efficient (Watts/TB)
– 1.5X to 3X faster random write performance thanks to media cache architecture
– 19% faster sequential read/write performance
- SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 12Gb/s
- Advanced format 4Kn and 512e models
- 12Gb/s SAS provides compatibility with next generation data centres
- Secure erase and self-encrypting drive (SED) options supports data security and lower TCO
- 2.5M hours MTBF rating and 5-year limited warranty
- Enterprise and data centre applications where capacity density and power efficiency are paramount
- Cloud and hyperscale storage
- Massive scale-out (MSO), high-density data centres
- Distributed file systems like Ceph™ and Hadoop® to support Big Data Analytics
- RAID arrays
- Video surveillance and post_content distribution
The Ultrastar He8 Helium drive is NOW SHIPPING and AVAILABLE from Eurotech in vendor raid arrays and servers! For more information please contact us.